How to know if my baby has a fever
The baby's health and care is the most important thing for all parents. How to know if my baby has a fever is one of the most worrying questions. Liip gives you information about your baby's temperature in real time, which will allow you to know more accurately if he has a fever, avoiding to be worried about it. With the Liip Smart Monitor you could be connected with your baby and enjoy with him as you deserve.
Normal body temperature varies from child to child, but it is considered elevated when it exceeds 37.5ºC in the armpit and 38ºC in the rectum. How to know if my baby has a fever is a question that all parents ask. But keep in mind that temperature of a child can vary depending on certain aspects:
- The age of the baby. The baby's temperature curve tends to suffer greater variations as the child's age increases.
- The moment in which it is measured. Body temperature may be higher during digestion, after playing or after to do sport or in hot environments. In the mornings it is usually lower, in the early afternoon it starts to rise until night, when it begins to decrease again.
- The place in which it is measured. In the armpit it is lower than the rectal or oral.
Most common causes of fever in babies
Fever is not a disease, it is a symptom that derive from another problem. The most frequent causes that can provoke fever are:
- Infection: is the most common cause. In these cases fever appears as a defense mechanism of the body.
- Excess of clothing or heat: a baby may have a fever due to wearing too much clothing or in hot environments. This is because they are unable to regulate body temperature, especially newborns.
- Vaccines: Babies may also have a fever after being vaccinated.
When the baby is teething he may has a slight increase of body's temperature, but it has not been proven that it produces a fever.
How does fever appear in a baby
Different symptoms can be seen in a baby that has a fever, some of them are:
- His skin is usually hot, especially his forehead and body, his cheeks are reddened and his eyes are sparkle. He may also has cold or bruised feet and hands.
- You can notice that the pulse is accelerated.
- The number of breaths increases.
- Some babies may be drowsy and others more restless.
- He may feel cold and shivers.
You can appreciate that the child has a fever touching the forehead or body, which are usually hotter. However to an accurately detect it is necessary to use a thermometer.
How to know if my baby has a fever no longer has to be a concern for parents. With the Liip Smart Monitor you can know the temperature of your baby in real time. It has a medical grade optical temperature sensor that gives you more complete and accurate data and informs you if there are changes in your baby's health. Liip also gives you information about his pulse, which helps you to know more accurately if your baby has a fever.