Bottles for newborn babies
Are you going to be parents and are you organizing the arrival of the baby? It is a beautiful moment but at the same time there are many doubts. If you have decided to feed the baby with a bottle, either with breast milk or artificial milk, this bottles for newborn babies guide can help you.
Baby bottle material: glass or plastic
Both materials have advantages and disadvantages, although their characteristics are very similar.
- It is easy to sterilize and clean.
- It does not absorb odors or flavors of food.
- It is heat resistant, so it is suitable for the microwave.
- It weighs more than plastic.
- It breaks more easily if it is falls to the ground.
- It is lighter than glass.
- It is not broken, so it is more appropriate when the baby is already beginning to hold the bottle alone.
- There are some baby bottles that resist temperature changes.
- It can absorb the color of some foods, so with the use they can be damaged more easily.
- It is recommended to check that they do not contain Bisphenol A (BPA), a chemical compound used to manufacture plastics, whose use in baby bottles is forbidden in the European Union.
Tip: Baby bottles that can be unscrewed are easier to clean. Those with handles are more difficult to clean. You can also find self-sterilizing bottles, what can be very useful if you are traveling with your baby.
Baby bottle size
The baby bottle size will depend on how much food the baby eats. At birth, a small bottle (90 ml/150 ml) will be enough. As the child grows, baby bottles with higher capacity (240 ml/350 ml) will be needed.
Tip: small baby bottles can be used for water or fruit juices when the baby is older.
Baby bottle shape
You can find different models of baby bottles:
- Cylindrical: it is the basic baby bottle, easy to wash with a brush.
- Wide neck: it allows pouring milk more easily.
- Triangular: it is easy to clean and is more stable.
- Ergonomic: it facilitates the fastening by the baby.
- Angular or anti-reflux: its inclined shape helps the baby to suck less air.
Tip: be sure that the baby bottle has a clearly visible gauge, which will make it easier for you to prepare it.
How many baby bottles are recommended to have at home?
It is recommended that you have more than one baby bottle at home. Babies usually take between five and six bottles a day. It is advisable to renew them when the material is deteriorated or cracked.
Tip: it is advisable to change them once a year.
To know which are the best bottles for newborn babies we recommend that you try different models, so you will know which is the bottle that works for your baby.
We hope this bottles for newborn babies guide will help you. If you have any questions, we will be happy to answer you.